NOT LEGAL ADVICE
The Site and the materials featured in it, are offered for informational purposes only. Nothing in the Site shall constitute legal advice. No one should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information on this Site. Neither the Site’s operation nor its transmission shall create a confidential or attorney-client relationship. Any communications with the Firm via the Site should not be considered secure, confidential or privileged in any way. The Firm does not hold itself out, by this Site, as qualified to practice law in any state, territory, or country other than those in which its attorneys are actually qualified.
TEXAS BOARD OF LEGAL SPECIALIZATION
Unless otherwise indicated, attorneys listed on this Site are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
CONTACTING HARRIS WINICK HARRIS LLP
The Firm cannot represent you unless and until it knows that doing so will not create a conflict of interest and that other intake requirements are satisfied. Contacting the Firm or any of its lawyers at the email addresses listed on this Site will not create an attorney-client relationship, and the Firm cannot treat unsolicited information as confidential. Accordingly, please do not send the Firm any information about any matter until you receive a written statement from us expressly stating that the Firm represents you. By accessing this Site, you agree that the Firm may review any information you transmit to us. You recognize that our review of your information, even if you submitted it in a good faith effort to retain the Firm, and even if you consider it confidential, does not preclude the Firm from representing another client directly adverse to you, even in a matter where that information could and will be used against you.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE
To comply with certain U.S. Treasury regulations, the Firm informs you that unless expressly stated otherwise, any U.S. federal tax information contained on this Site, including attachments, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on such taxpayer by the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, if any such tax information is used or referred to by other parties in promoting, marketing or recommending any partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement, then (i) the information should be construed as written in connection with the promotion or marketing by others of the transaction(s) or matter(s) addressed in this communication and (ii) the taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayer’s particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.
OFFICE LOCATION AND RESPONSIBLE ATTORNEY
to the extent that any applicable ethical rules or laws require us to designate a principal office and/or a single attorney responsible for this Site, Harris Winick Harris LLP designates its Chicago, Illinois office at 333 West Wacker Dr., Suite 2060, Chicago, Illinois, telephone 312 662-4600 as its principal office and Robert J. Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) as the responsible attorney.
©Copyright 2023 by Harris Winick Harris LLP. All rights reserved. The Firm claims a copyright in all proprietary and copyrightable text, graphics and computer code on this Site, the overall design of this Site, and the selection, arrangement and presentation of all materials on this Site, including information in the public domain. You agree not to copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, modify, or distribute any of the materials contained on the Site, except for your personal, noncommercial use, absent the written approval of Harris Winick Harris LLP.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
If you use any links on the Site to websites not maintained by the Firm, you will leave the Firm’s Site. The linked sites are not under the control of the Firm and the Firm is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained on a linked site. The Firm provides these links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply recommendation, approval or endorsement by the Firm of the linked site.
RULES OF CONDUCT
While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, the Firm expects users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site. You agree that you will not:
- Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
- Use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that the Firm endorses any statement you make.
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
- Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or that may be or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Site.
- Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
- Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent.
- Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Firm grants the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service. The Firm reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, the Firm notifies you that parental control protections are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at: http://kids.getnetwise.org/ and http://onguardonline.gov/. Please note that the Firm does not endorse any of the products or services listed at these sites.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/SUBJECT TO REVISION
REPRESENTIVE MATTERS AND OTHER EXPERIENCE
The representative matters and other experience referred to on this Site may date from periods before an individual lawyer joined the Firm, may not contain complete entity names, and may contain colloquial rather than precise references. Representative matters or other experiences included on this Site do not imply current or former client status.
Some of the content on this Site may be considered Attorney Advertising under the applicable rules of certain states. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Photographs on the Site may include alumni or others who are not current lawyers at the Firm, and may be stock photos.
CRIMINAL FINANCES ACT 2017
The Firm is committed to doing business in accordance with the highest standards of professionalism, ethics, and integrity. The Firm has a zero-tolerance approach to tax evasion and the facilitation of tax evasion by anyone who performs services on our behalf. The Firm’s procedures are designed to prevent such misconduct.
GOVERNING LAW AND FORUM